Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend at the Ball Park

When my oldest daughter, now 7 1/2, was a young enough to sit on our laps we took her to a Mariners game. She could not have been more than a year to year and a half old. She says she remembers, but I'm not so sure. Today the four of us went to the Mariners vs. Yankees game. It was the third of the three game series against the bronx bombers and the M's had already taken the other two winning the series. My six year old was very excited and up way too early this morning. It proved her downfall as she fell asleep in my arms for about 2 to 3 full innings (where the Yankees scored 5 runs in the third and another 1 in the fourth). After that she was engergized and all had a grand old time despite the M's taking a loss 7-1.

They had a blast, both girls, the Mrs. and I did too. I hope that we can go again sometime soon. We need to get to Seattle more often. I told my wife that we should find something to do in the big city at least once each month. They want to hit the aquarium tomorrow. Not sure that I'm up for that. I am hoping to talk them into heading to a new to them lake and more relaxing day before heading back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment