Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ending 2010 Right

Spent the last day of 2010 with all three of the ladies in the wide open spaces of the Olympic National Park. We headed up to Hurricane Ridge to enjoy the crisp clean air on a beautiful day. The sun was shining making the cold temps feel so much more comfortable.

Our trip plan included our first family snowshoe outing. The Mrs and I have snowshoed before, with the girls in tow in either the Chariot on its ski attachments or in a sled. This time all four of us had our snowshoes. Both girls did absolutely awesome. We kicked around below the 8 and under sledding area near the visitor center. Then we headed down the road toward Hurricane Hill. Of course we did not go that far, but we did go a full mile out, took a few photos along the way, and then back. The girls were so awesome the whole day. As a treat for them as they began to lag a bit on the uphil back to the sledding area, I offered to tow them in the sled.

I put their snowshoes on my pack, they got comfortable and I pulled them up the final 1/8 to 1/4 mile. This got me into a bit higher heart rate level so it was good for the cheeseburger loving fat kid in me, and got them a bit of rest for some sledding.

I'll post some photos later and try to catch up on the fishing trips from 2010 that I've neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment